Calling all artists,
We at JAK Media are changing our look and hosting a contest to design
our next logo! Entry is free and open until September 10th, 2014, and
the winner will receive a prize of $100 and a 1-hour portrait session.
We’re looking for a design that effectively captures our mission
“To utilize our unique style, uncompromising integrity, and passion
for collaboration to bring the stories of our clients to light and
foster new stories.”
Have what it takes? We’ll be taking up to twenty submissions after
which ten will be selected, then five, then three, then a champion
will be crowned. We will have a “People’s Choice Award” as well as an
“Editor’s Choice Award” selected by a panel. This will all factor into
the choosing of the one logo, because there can only be one.
Send your submission via email to email@example.com. You can find
more information about rules for submission below.
Cheers and good luck!
Logo Contest Official Rules:
1. The promoter is: JAK Media LLC whose office is at 105 4th Street SW, Albuquerque, NM 87102 Apt. 1.
2. Anyone is welcome to submit. JAK Media LLC has authority to accept/reject any submission.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via
5. Closing date for entry will be September 10th, 2014. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
7. The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner are as follows: All submissions must be sent to via email in a digital format. The format can be one of the following: .jpg, .png, .ai, .tif. The resolution of the images must be above 500 x 500 pixels. Logos must be monochrome. All work must be released for individual usage or purpose usage grants. All entries must contain copyright-free art or art released for entrant’s and public use. By submitting, you grant to JAK Media LLC and affiliates, a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide license to (i) electronically publish and distribute the design in any Site including the right to translate and electronically publish and distribute the design to other Internet Sites under license, contract or common ownership with the Company; (ii) include the design in advertising and promotion; (iii) to include the design in print and non-print products. No unauthorized use of any copyright images, text, or other material will be accepted. Further information can be found by contacting
8. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
9. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
10. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
11. Winners will be chosen:
Grand Prize: By Kendra Crooks and Austin Madrid, partners of JAK Media LLC.
Editor's Choice: By a panel of judges, to be announced after submissions close.
People's Choice: Based on a sum of likes from Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
12. The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 7 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
13. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
14. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
16. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by the law of New Mexico and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Mexico.
17. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current New Mexico data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
18. The Grand Prize winner receives a monetary amount of $100 and a 1-hour JAK Media LLC portrait session (valued at $250). The portrait session may not be exchanged for monetary compensation. Editor's Choice and People's Choice Award winners receive a JAK Media LLC t-shirt and 30-minute JAK Media LLC portrait shoot. Portrait shoots must be redeemed in Albuquerque, NM.
19. Once a winner is selected, they transfer their creative rights of the material submitted to JAK Media LLC in exchange for the sum of the grand prize. By submitting, participants acknowledge that they are not entitled to further monetary compensation.
20. By entering, competitor's agree to allow their designs to be publicly posted and displayed at and social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
21. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to JAK Media LLC and not to any other party.